Ever dreamt of living in the Cayman Islands? Well, now you can (and it’s a lot easier than you might think)!
The Cayman Islands Government recently launched the Global Citizen Program, a new initiative that allows you to work remotely from our COVID-free* paradise for up to two years, without the hassle of complicated permits or citizenship.
*For updated information on COVID-19 in the Cayman Islands please visit https://www.exploregov.ky/coronavirus and for travel-specific information please visit https://www.exploregov.ky/coronavirus-returning-from-overseas
Global Citizen Program
The program is designed for remote workers and families who’d like to enjoy a lifestyle of luxury and leisure, while protecting themselves from COVID-19. Cayman is happy to report zero active community cases, so you can rest and relax knowing you and your loved ones are safe.
Who Is Eligible For The Program?
To qualify for a Global Citizen Certificate, you must meet the following criteria (as outlined here):
- Applicants must provide a letter showing proof of employment with an entity outside of the Cayman Islands stating position and annual salary. Minimum salary requirements are as follows:
- Individual applicants must make a minimum household income of US$100,000 for single households.
- Applicants with an accompanying spouse/civil partner must make a minimum household income of US$150,000 for two person households.
- Applicants with a spouse/civil partner and dependent* child or children must make a minimum household income of US$180,000.
- Applicants with a dependent child or children must make a minimum household income of US$180,000.
- Image of valid passport photo page and visa, if relevant for all applicants in party. Please click here to find the most updated visa information.
- A notarized bank reference.
- Proof of current health insurance coverage for all applicants in your party.
- Applicants and adult dependents must provide a police clearance/record or similar documentation based on applicant’s country of origin.
*A dependent is considered a spouse, fiancé/fiancée, civil partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, or children up to tertiary education enrollment. Children must be enrolled in a local private school or enrolled in homeschooling.
How Plantana Can Help
Plantana is the perfect place to start your journey. Because we offer short-term rentals, you can take advantage of a special quarantine package for a 28-night stay. The first 14 nights will be your quarantine period, then use the second 2-week period to explore the island, get familiarized, and find a permanent home that suits your needs. The best part is… your quarantine period, up to a maximum of 14 nights will be completely free if you stay with us for a minimum of 28 nights in one condo. Visit our specials page to learn more!
With our many condo options and close proximity to restaurants, shops, grocery stores, schools and spas, you can live like a local at Plantana. Start your mornings off with paddleboard yoga, send emails from your private patio, take an afternoon nap under a palm tree and end the day watching the sunset from the beach or walk to dinner at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Plantana is fully maintained and includes the following:
✓ Fully equipped kitchen
✓ Private pool
✓ Beach lounge chairs
✓ Beach/pool floats & toys
✓ Patio & BBQ areas
✓ Lush landscaping
✓ A large stretch of white sandy beach
And so much more…
Explore all that the Cayman Islands has to offer with us!
Get in touch now on 1 (404) 474-4344 or email us at email@example.com for more details and advice on how to apply for the Global Citizen Concierge Program.
Our staff looks forward to welcoming you to your new home away from home!